Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Cabin Fever

Today makes day 2 of being out of school. Yesterday was great! I woke up to a message saying we were out of school for the day. Of course, as the evening rolled around and I started thinking of all the things I would need to do at school the next day, I began hoping for another day. Careful what you wish for...we're out for a second day. It's now 7:37 pm and I've been thinking all day about how much I just need to get out of the house. Believe it or not, I actually hoped (past tense...I'm back to hoping for, at the very least, a delay) to go back to school tomorrow. I'm glad to get a break from the classroom, but I do miss my children when we're not in school.
I have honestly not used my time wisely during this surprise break. On Monday, I somehow deleted from my computer all of my lesson plans for Tuesday on. I have not rewritten them and I don't plan to. I know what it is I will be teaching and I know how I'll be teaching it. With only two days left in the week (if we go 2 full days), we will simply go with the flow. If this had happened last year, there is NO WAY I would have ever decided to "go with the flow," but this year my class is pretty cool with that. They can handle it, and thank goodness for that! They'll be bouncing off the walls after 2 days out anyway.
I could have also done a little bit of wedding planning the last two days. I did think about some things, but didn't really do any hardcore planning. We talked about cakes and flowers mostly. That was probably the most productive part of the last two days.
Speaking of the wedding...can you recommend a good florist? I know of a couple around town, but thought I'd check and see if anyone had any recommendations...someone they used who was fabulous! If you know of someone who is totally awesome (and is a florist, hehe), please let me know. :)

Happy Hump Day to ya!
Heather

No comments: